Technology Architect sought by leading nationwide Law Firm to be responsible for the planning, design and transformation of the firm's Technology architecture to meet the continuously evolving technology needs of the business. You will work closely with people at all levels across the business, as well as engaging with the firm's clients on client-facing solutions.
The Technology Architect will also define the firm's architectural principles and standards, ensuring products and solutions across the firm are interoperable, security compliant, and support procurement practices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying technology needs and designing solutions, primarily internally, but also with clients
- Reviewing and selecting appropriate technologies
- Defining and running project plans in partnership with the firm's PMO
- Working with the IT Director on the firms mid-long term technology roadmap
You will have design responsibility for:
- Data Center and Server infrastructure including on-prem, hybrid and cloud solutions
- Networking including LAN and WAN connectivity
- Unified Communications
- Storage and backup
- Desktop and Mobile Devices
- File and print Services
- Security and authentication technology
You will have a strong business and technology background in Solutions and Technical Architecture of software, hardware, network and any other technology solutions. Substantial experience in Solution Architecture, Services and Infrastructure Management is essential.
You will have proven experience analysing and critically assessing problems within the context of an organisation's history, culture and other environmental concerns. You should be a strong communicator across a wide range of audiences, including both technical and non-technical people.
Extensive project management experience using industry standard methodologies such as Prince2 and SAFe Agile and experience of delivering a multitude of IT and/or infrastructure projects are also required for this role.
This is a great role for someone looking to join a progressive law firm who have a strong focus on technology in the growth and future of their business.
Benefits include 25 days holiday + flex, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance, plus discounts including gym membership, car leasing and more.
Technical Architect - Law Firm