Senior Systems Analyst / Technical Business Analyst (Insurance)
A growing International Law Firm, with offices in the UK and Asia. Currently around 900 users across the business, and planning for contining for growth. Specialists in Insurance Law, they take pride in the strength of their client relationships, the standard of work they deliver, and their thirst for innovation.
As Senior Systems Analyst / Technical Business Analyst you will be responsible for technical analysis for the firm’s portfolio of insurance focused applications.
(They have a variety of systems relating to claims handling and insurance / matter management, both built and bought.)
You will have be involved throughout the application development and management lifecycle, from carrying out analysis on proposed new systems, development and initial release, updates and changes, and decommissioning.
You’ll work closely with colleagues within the IT function from architecture, development, testing, support as well as talking with end users to ensure systems functionality meets their needs and requirements. As a senior in the team you’ll lead 3 other Systems Analysts, ensuring they follow best practice and overseeing their workload and output.
- Support the development of insurance focused applications and systems through analysis Review cross functional work-flow and processes and analyse the impact of changes
- Present clear documentation and reports for technical and non-technical recipients
- Manage multiple concurrent projects, setting priorities and expectations accordingly
- Ensure solutions are effectively tested against defined criteria
- Engage and challenge stakeholders
You’ll be an Systems Analyst / Technical Business Analyst with experience working across the full application development lifecycle.
Management experience is not required to start, but you should be comfortable acting as the go-to person / subject matter expert for other team members.
You should have
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage a diverse and changing project workload
- A focus on outcomes and deliveries
- Strong attention to detail and be highly organised
A background in insurance systems is highly desirable.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you're looking for next then get in touch!