IT Operations Manager - Server & Network Infrastructure
IT Operations Manager - Server & Network Infrastructure - required for a top 20 International Law Firm. The IT Operations Manager will be a key member of the firm's Management Team and will be responsible for the delivery of the Network and Server Infrastructure used internationally across 5 locations.
You will take the lead for a team of 15 staff, as well as handling multiple vendor / service partner relationships. The IT department is entering an exciting period of change and this role offers a great opportunity to make your mark, defining the future way that infrastructure services will be delivered to the business and managing the teams through that transition.
Key Skills & Experience
- Strong experience managing international server and network infrastructure services
- Experience managing teams through change - being a positive disruptor to challenge the status quo and improve services offered
- Infrastructure strategy and delivery, particularly concerning transitioning from DC and On-prem solutinos to Cloud
- Multiple Technology Platforms Windwos Server, Messaging, Networks, Telephony, Enterprise monitoring/management (SCOM/SCCM), Disaster Recovery
- Experience managing multi-vendor environments
- People, project and supplier management in an ITIL environment
This position will head up teams concerning IT Infrastructure Operations and Support, including some international resources. The IT Operations Manager will be expected to engage the team leaders, and respective team members, and to challenge the status quo to develop the services they deliver and the practices they follow. You will need to promote and get buy-in to changes, potentially including making greater use of service partners / developing and relocating data centers / shared services, and implementing new technologies to meet changing business needs.
This role requires an experienced IT Operations Manager with a broad technical background and good understanding of both IT infrastructure and service delivery of applications. Candidates need to have strong leadership & decision-making skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to challenge and motivate their teams, as well as having a solid technical grounding and breadth of knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in a Technical Service Delivery or IT Operations Manager position within a legal or professional services industry. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity to head up the Infrastructure Operations teams for one of the foremost global law firms.