IT Developer / IT Manager
IT Developer / IT Manager required for South-Coast law firm to be responsible for the software development of their core business application suite, as well as leading their training team, and helping coordinate their MSP in the provision of support and infrastructure services.
This dual-focused role will see you developing new dashboards, reports, and workflows in their business management application (Linetime), helping the firm more easily manage their fee generating activities, as well as providing better insight and visibility of the performances and finances of the firm. You'll also work closely with the Partner for IT / IT Director, ensuring that the firm's MSP provides effective day-to-day support and carries out projects to the desired standard.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Developing Application enhancements and features - working with users to understand requirements and then carrying out development work (including producing scoping and technical documentation)
- Creating new views, screens and dashboards for management information
- Implementing new data items and fields
- Translating business practice into system workflows to reduce time spent and increase productivity
- Integrating other 3rd party applications and solutions with the firm's core technologies
- Following the firm's best practices for application and systems development, adhering to the design philosophy and methods in use
- Providing Application support and resolving bugs, delivering resolutions. quickly
- Ensuring the onsite deskside support provided by the MSP maintains the right focuses and priorities, and tracking any escalations
- Reviewing any IT outages/service disruption together with the IT Director and MSP to avoid further repetitions
- Overseeing the 2 person training team, ensuring they help the firm's users maintain a suitable level of skills and knowledge of the IT systems
You'll be a seasoned software and applications developer with range of technical skills including .NET, Visual Studio / Visual Basic / VBA, SQl and T-SQL.
Your broader IT knowledge should also include detailed knowledge of as many as possible of:
- MS Windows
- MS Office
- Mobile Device Management
Experience of software development within a law firm is desirable but not essential Awareness & understanding of Legal Workflows, Practice management / Time recording, and Document Management / DMS would be a real advantage.
The ideal candidate will also have some supervisory and management experience, leading teams, as well being the point of contact/relationship owner with your users.
This is a great opportunity to drive the development of the firm's core systems, helping them become more efficient, agile, and profitable. You'll also get to further your skills and experience in IT Management - great career advancement potential for the right person.