IT Business Partner / Relationship Manager
IT Business Partner sought for a top 15 Global Law firm in a growing Business Partnering and Relationship / Innovation function.
As an IT Business Partner you will be responsible for engagement between IT and the Business, developing and managing close relationships, building an understanding of their strategic goals and needs, and ensuring the technology solutions available are fit for purpose. Ultimately you will help identify opportunities for both new and existing technology to drive better commercial results & outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with stakeholders in defined areas of the business. You will work with your contacts to build a deep understanding of their working practices, their specific drivers and strategic needs, and uncover opportunities for technology change and innovation that meets and supports these
- Developing an understanding of how incumbent technology is used in different practices / functions and how it could be improved upon
- Horizon Scanning and Roadmap development of new technologies that may meet business needs.
- Promoting and developing new high level technology solutions with internal customers that deliver business benefits
- Socialising new technology ideas
- Transition ideas / project outlines to the programme delivery teams for further expansion and delivery
One of the world's leading law firms, working with clients across the UK and around the world. They take pride in the client service they offer, as well as the support they give their people to grow and succeed in their careers.
You'll be in a role where you act as a trusted IT business partner, helping remove complexity and continuously driving innovation. This might be a role in Innovation, Products and Solutions, Relationship Management, or business partnering.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role building and managing relationships with stakeholder / internal client groups
- Excellent communication skills with contacts at all levels of the business
- Experience developing in-depth understanding of the priorities, challenges, general processes and business needs of your clients / users
- Knowledge and understanding of wider technology trends and the ability to explain these in meaningful, non-technical, terms
- The ability to think from a strategic perspective whilst still considering practical and commercial matters
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you'd like to take on apply now, then get in touch to discuss.