Database and BI Developer - SQL, SSRS, PowerBI
£65-70k + benefits
Database and BI Developer sought for high-end London Law firm. This is a new role, joining the database team and also working closely with the finance function, taking central responsibility for the development & production of reports and management information for use across the firm.
The Database and BI Developer will be responsible for building a new library of common reporting templates including both financial and non-financial data. You'll work closely with people around the business to understand their reporting and information needs, and then creating and delivering meaningful reports that can be used to improve business performance and outcomes.
You'll also help manage the SQL Server environment and databases themselves, ensuring high performance, and that data is secure, reliable and consistent across systems and applications.
- Extracting and collating data and management information from various systems in the firm (including their case management system)
- Data reconciliation and verification between systems where appropriate
- Assessing the information produced from queries and reports for reasonableness and accuracy
- Reviewing existing / legacy reporting across the firm to assess duplication, inefficiencies, or unnecessary reporting
- Defining and maintaining a new catalogue of standard reports to use as a reference for future requests and to identify gaps in current information
- Acting as the technical lead / key technical resource on projects relating to the SQL servers and database environment, and the firm's increasing usage of SSRS and PowerBI
The succesful Database and BI Developer will have:
- SQL query writing skills, with the ability to write queries to retrieve and/or update data (T-SQL)
- Experience with report writing tools and applications (Excel, SSRS, PowerBI)
- An expert understanding of database objects, structures, tables and fields
- Hands-on experience in data warehousing codes and principles
- The proven ability to present data in a coherent and easy-to-absorb format
This a fantastic opportunity to take ownership of the new role and make it your own.
Apply now, then get in touch to discuss more details.