Applications Analyst – £55k-£60k
Applications Analyst – Technical support / testing required for an award winning international City Law firm with around 1000 users. Working in a team of 3 application analysts you will provide advanced 2nd/3rd support for their bespoke and customised desktop applications, with a particular focus on testing new updates and enhancements.
As an applications analyst you will understand the needs and practices of the business and how they translate in to application delivery. You’ll work closely with users through user group meetings and requirements gathering exercises to understand their needs and the way they interact with desktop applications. You’ll then design and perform and report on testing of desktop applications, and the OS build, to ensure they meet the requirements, and can be delivered successfully across the firm.
- Gather and document desktop applications requirements
- Design and execute test plans
- Analyse and report on results
- Detect and resolve issues with software performance, configuration, and deployment
- Coordinate User Groups and Pilot Groups as part of UAT
- Document new applications and enhancements for the 1st line support team
- This is a new role in a growing team. The firm are entering a period of major investment in IT and there are lots of new projects coming up including the deployment of Windows 10, Office 2016, and many bespoke / customised applications.
Your skills and knowledge should include:
- Troubleshooting and configuration of Windows 7 / 10
- Technical support
- Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Application configuration and deployment / installation
- Test planning and execution
- Prior experience in Legal IT is highly desirable, with knowledge of Document Management Systems (Interwoven or Opentext), Billing software (Elite or Aderant) and digital dictation (BigHand) being of particular interest.
If you’ve got a strong technical skillset in Applications Support and are looking for your next challenge in a highly regarded firm then get in touch!
Excellent benefits include Pension, Private Medical, generous holiday, and more.